Xiaomi Redmi 3
The budget smartphones offered by Xiaomi are among the best value for money smartphones especially the redmi series. The previous redmi smartphones including redmi 1s, redmi 2 and redmi 2 prime were among the most popular and best-selling. Recently Xiaomi launched the newest smartphone in redmi series the Xiaomi redmi 3. They are a lot of improvements in redmi 3 vs redmi 2 prime.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 vs Redmi 2 prime
- Better build and design.
- Good processor.
- Quality screen size.
- Much improved rear camera.
- Better front-facing the camera.
Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime Specs
|Xiaomi Redmi 3||specifications|
|Android||MIUI 7.0 on top Android v5.1 Lollipop.|
|Form factor||139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm.144 g.|
|Screen||5.0 inches HD IPS multi-touch display @ 267ppi.|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.5 GHz + Quad-core 1.2 GHz octa core Snapdragon 616.GPU Adreno 405.|
|Ram||2 GB DDR3.|
|Camera||13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, Geo-tagging, touch to focus, face detection, HDR, panorama and PDAF(phase detection auto focus 0.1sec).Video recording 1080p @ 30fps.5 MP, 720p front facing.|
|Storage||16 GB internal expandable up to 128GB.|
|Battery||Li-Po 4000 mAh battery.|
|Connectivity||Dual Sim, 4G, 3G, wi-fi, Bluetooth 4.1, OTG Compatible and A-GPS.|
|Others||Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, e compass.|
|Price||7999 INR. EXPECTED|
- Very good build and design.
- Good processor and GPU capable of running heavy games and apps.
- 2 GB ram For smooth multitasking.
- 13 MP rear camera with PDAF.
- 5 MP front camera.
- Very good battery backup.
- All essential connectivity features including 4G LTE.
- Dual sim and micro SD card support (same slot for micro sd and sim 2).
- All essential sensors including compass and gyroscope.
- 5.0 inch HD IPS screen.
- We would love to see a Full HD display but the 720p display gets the job done with good viewing angles and colors and it also saves some battery as compared to a full HD display.
- No NFC and infrared port.
- Not water-resistant.
- Lacks fingerprint sensor, as it is becoming an important security feature and some budget smartphones do come with a fingerprint sensor like the Coolpad note 3 lite.
Overall we are Impressed by the Xiaomi for designing such a good-looking and fairly powerful device. If the Xiaomi redmi 3 gets launched under 7999 INR / 120 USD it will be the best device in this price range. It comes with Snapdragon 616 processor and paired with Adreno 405 GPU and 2 GB ram it is capable of running heavy games and multitasking.
The camera quality of the rear camera is good and due to PDAF, it can focus in less than 0.1 sec. The front camera is decent enough for selfies and video calling. The design of redmi 3 is great due to metal construction it feels very good in hands. The Xiaomi redmi 3 comes to all essential sensors and connectivity features including 4g LTE which is great. The display is decent with good colors and viewing angles but it is a 720p panel which results in low PPI and hence slightly less sharpness. Xiaomi redmi 3 is a great value for money smartphone, It will be launched in India and in other countries soon.